What's that say about me?

Random (sometimes) entertaining prattle from the mind of a rather ordinary girl with extraordinary powers.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

update

Arkansas has it on their ballot to ban gay adoption. Right. I know that everyone (all 3 of you) who read this already know my feelings on this and how ridiculous it is, but just in case let me reiterate- AWFUL. To say that a child is better off in 'the system' than with 2 moms or 2 dads is absolutely disgusting. I'd bet you anything that the gay couples I know are probably better parents than a lot of straight people anyway- and why? WE CAN'T HAVE KIDS ON ACCIDENT! Please vote for Obama. I don't want to have to move to Canada. Or Mars.
So, I haven't posted in awhile. What's been going on..?? Updates! Hmm. I'm 1/2 way through English to ASL interpreting. It's been very, very interesting and very, very, challenging. Although I think my biggest obstacle was getting over seeing myself on video- I hate it. However, I see why we do it. It's been a great tool. Moving on, because no one cares about my classes...
I started my 'expose' lessons on Saturday. I'm super hot. ;) It makes me feel kind of special and secretive, coming to work and thinking "I was pole dancing last night". I like it. I'm also doing a floor and chair class which is pretty much code for 'lap dancing and stripping'. It's sooooo fun!
We also had a suprise party for Miss Gina on saturday night. That was interesting. She cried, but I think I would have, too. Hopefully I'll post some pitcures and videos up here soon. Casey, of course, showed off her new boyfriend all night while everyone oohed and aahed and that is all I'm going to say about it- I'm sure most of you can surmise my feelings on the situation.
Jai, Grace and I put a new kitchen floor in my Mom's house on Sunday evening. It's not perfect, but it looks good and it's better than the mess that was there before (thanks ginger). Hopefully we can get her whole house in order soon. I have a feeling I'll be learning to be a lot more handy by the time this is all over. She bought us a bright purple linoleum cutter with the words "Chicks can fix!" printed on the side. oh, dear. My Mother.
The new house is going fine. I think we're all adjusting to eachother, though I'm sure there will always be thing we do that drive one of the other 3 roommates crazy. I will not take the time to go into this in any more detail.
Ginger and Murray are great. I really need to get some pictures up here. Murray's medication has been regulated enough so that he hasn't has a seizure in at least a month now. It was getting pretty bad in there for awhile. :-/ He's even stopped peeing/pooing in the house so much, which is good for him because for a little while I was reallllly wanting to drop-kick him. Ginger is... ginger. She's soft and sweet and skinny and my girl. :) Still enjoying standing at the front door for hours on end and barking at anything that will walk, ride, skip, hop or jump by. Still going crazy at the words "walk" "treat-treat" "car ride" and "overbudget".
What else, what else?
My new car is on it's way!!! Hopefully by the start of December I'm hoping hoping hoping. I cannot wait.
All right, I guess that's it for now. Don't forget to vote (for Obama).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home