What's that say about me?

Random (sometimes) entertaining prattle from the mind of a rather ordinary girl with extraordinary powers.

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Thus Spoke

Yesterday was a good day. 24 hours (and counting) completely free of sugar and caffine. I did laundry, worked on my paper, got a lot of fresh air and exercise... It's like I was a whole different person. In any case, I slept really well last night and didn't have a headache all day. Maybe I can solve my medical mysteries alone instead of having them draw a million viles of blood from me next week. I'm dreading it more than I can express. I'm at school now, and I've just finished working on my Excel lab for computer science. Extremely tedious, much like everything else at school right now (except ASL). I have a 49% in my math class. I stayed after to talk with her about whether or not I should just drop the class and she said that if I can get a C on everything from this point on, I can 'achieve' a D in her class. I really just want my math credit and to get out of here. Especially with my new plan. I'm anxious to get started. Oh, I haven't told you all about my new plan? I think I'm going to go to school to be a sign language interpreter. Yes, seriously. I enjoy the language a lot, and my teacher was actually the one to suggest it to me. It's a two year program, but when I finish I will have a carreer, and one that I think I'll like. I'm going to go and look at the school soon, and if I like it and the curriculum, I might hold off on my bachelors while I do my certificate work. I'm a little scared to not get a degree like everyone else's. However, I desperately want to finally be able to answer the question "So, what's your major?" It's been 3 years since high school and while I've been in classes, I've never had a real goal. Most of who read my page talk to me on a regualr basis anyway, and for those who don't, there's the comment section; so- does anyone have an opinion/advice about this?

1 Comments:

At 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like a fine path for you, Jamie, so long as you feel totally comfortable with it and are willing to accept the fact that it will make your certificate or diploma relevant only in a very narrow range of situations. For all those things other than translation you may do in your life, until you might get a second degree, you'd have to rely solely upon your own fortitude and the strength and diversity of your résumé.

Those risks aside, it sounds like a good plan. If you like the language then you'll hopefully have fun on the job, you'll be able to help people in a practical manner in their daily lives, and you'll never really have to worry about your position becoming obsolete.

Good luck in the pursuit of all your interests.

Sincerely,
Geoffrey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home