What's that say about me?

Random (sometimes) entertaining prattle from the mind of a rather ordinary girl with extraordinary powers.

Friday, February 04, 2005

I'd rather write

Today I had my first art class of the semester. Although I had mixed feelings, I think it's going to be okay. I do not possess half the talent of the rest of the people in my class, but I still think it's going to be okay. My trepidation is almost clear. "An artist who aspires to perfection in everything, acheives it in nothing." Ouch. But it's true. I have to let go of my little mistakes in art. I have to be happy with what I'm doing, because if I don't, I will drive myself crazy. I did more erasing than drawing the first 3 weeks of drawing I. Let the little things go- it makes better art. Someone once said "In art, there are no mistakes. It's just you." I believe it now. It's just hard to put 'you' on the page sometimes. Especially when someone else is in the room who you do NOT want to know you. Now, I don't even pretend to be an artist- especially not visually- but I do find comfort in expressing myself. I've tried different arts. I've taken piano lessons and voice lessons and acting lessons and drawing lessons. I've been in plays and recitcles. I've auditioned and performed and on and on and on. For me, though, I always go back to words. I'd rather write. It's my tool of choice for expression. Don't get me wrong, I like to draw, it has it's own meaning and it's own feelings. It's new and I enjoy learning. Acting is something I've been doing for a long time, and I think I'll always love it. Music is music, who doesn't love it? But with words, when I write, I feel like I can create anything I want. and I do.

3 Comments:

At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Hepner I said "Hi"

 
At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Hepner I said "Hi"...syke!

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Who- who is that? A-a-are you eating granola?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home