What's that say about me?

Random (sometimes) entertaining prattle from the mind of a rather ordinary girl with extraordinary powers.

Monday, August 15, 2005

G.Y.NO-good

This is what I learned today: The gynecologyist's waiting room is the most awkward, silent place ever. There's this whole disturbing grab bag of people who have nothing in common besides having a vagina or knowing someone with a vagina. There's the 16-year old couple who sit there nervously tapping their feet, the middle aged chinese trio of two women and one man (things that make you go hmmmmm), The cute obviously newly-wed expectant parents (the woman waddles down the hallway and the man wears her gold-chain strapped purse), the random lone man who seems not to belong, and my Mom and I. We're sitting, listening to Elton John, being stared down by a scary asian and pregnant children. I'm wondering if people are mistaking my excess weight for pregnancy. I mean, that's the obvious reason we'd be here, right? Nope, everyone- I'm just fat. Don't judge me by my chub. Moving right along...
The female GYN here is really adorable, about 25, tiny and pretty. After both agreeing on her cutness, my Mother winks at me and says "So make an appointment!" As if her attractiveness and my comfort with her placing metal in my cervix should be roughly on par. And just like that, magically Mother and Daughter we joined the grab bag.

4 Comments:

At 9:12 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Is it my shitty writing or the word "gynecologist" that's keeping everyone from commenting?

 
At 9:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love that youve commented on your own blog. and yes thats definitely going down in my book as one of the most awkward situations ive ever heard of

 
At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG... You are too much. Welcome to the grab bag.

 
At 1:16 PM , Blogger Kate said...

What can you say to that? "What Dr. do you see? Maybe we can go togehter next time!" Weird, right?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home