What's that say about me?

Random (sometimes) entertaining prattle from the mind of a rather ordinary girl with extraordinary powers.

Monday, September 12, 2005

I guess I haven't really posted anything about school yet. I've had a lot of other wonderful, terrifying things happening in my life- so school has been on the mental backburner (which means that I've been focusing my writing attentions on other things and people, and not a daily run down of my classes). I'm at a new school, with an actual major. Yes, that's right. For the first time in my life, at 21, I have a concrete study plan and actual goals. God bless indecision. I'm only taking three classes, which at first freaked me out- but let me tell you how glad I am that I didn't take 5 as I had planned. Very glad. While my classes aren't particularly difficult (yet), I'm figuring out that now I actually have to learn from my professors. Imagine that! My three classes are Math (yes, again), ASL 1 and The History and Culture of Deaf Issues. I love them. Math is okay, because it's a major for liberal arts majors and my professor is not unreminiscent of Rodney Dangerfield. He didn't show up today, which is why I have time to blog before burying myself in the library for two hours so I can catch up on ASL video work. ASL1 is great. I'm actually very glasd I got placed in 1 and not 2. I tend to hop right to the higher level stuff and miss on the basics, so this is a very humbling and good thing for me. I'm already learning so much. Deaf Issues is interesting, but it's going to be a lot of writing and research work. I'm okay with that. It's important to learn in my field. So, yeah. That's my school schedule in a nutshell. So far I'm really enjoying myself. It takes a little bit of work for me to get excited about coming, but once I'm here I always feel good about it. Now, off to the library...

4 Comments:

At 12:12 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Im learning all sorts of sign language in Political Science class by watching the interpreter and not paying attention to government. I mean, who cares about that stuff anyway, right?

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Maybe you can interpret in my classes. Then Ill get to stare at you the whole 50 minutes. ;)

 
At 8:43 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

Why would you want to punish yourself?

 
At 9:14 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Youre beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home