What's that say about me?

Random (sometimes) entertaining prattle from the mind of a rather ordinary girl with extraordinary powers.

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Horrified.

I am so sickened by people. I was reading comments on a news story about prop 8 today and people couldn't have been any more terrible. They were saying things like:

  • Gayness can be treated (oh really?)
  • Gay people should have to identify themselves so straight people will know when they're being looked at. (we may have to find a way of reading people's minds first- as I see plenty of cunty-ass 18 year olds eyeing me up in GAP every week. It's not because they're picturing me naked.)
  • Gay people deserve less rights than chickens because chickens serve a purpose and faggots and dykes do not. (Got me there. I can't produce children with only another woman... and I can't lay an egg. So are woman an men who can't produce children on their own less valuable than chicken?)

It's literally enough to make me crawl under my covers and cry. I can't believe these people still exist. I can't believe that there are millions of people out there (in california alone) that believe that if I am with a woman instead of a man- I deserve no equal rights. I know I'm young, and I know this makes me hopelessly optimistic and very opened to getting my feelings hurt- but I'm absolutely crushed. I can't believe this country. The polls say that mostly black californians voted for Prop 8. SHAME ON YOU ALL. How can you sit there and talk about the opression you have faced, and then opress others? I'm sickened by this country right now. We have a black president- which is wonderful- but we still don't afford every indivdual the same rights based on a mesh of church and state that shouldn't exist in the first place. I need to stop now, because I'm going to say things that will offend.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jam, I saw some winners too. People are bananas. love you boo.

Here are my select favs:

"How many states, how many millions of people, have to tell you that natural parents matters, that children's rights are far, far more important than your "need" to rip the guts out of heterosexual culture.

Your relationships are not "marriages". Period.

Give up. Stop trying to force heterosexuality out of existence. Leave our culture, our language, our terminology, and OUR CHILDREN alone. You want to live together in peace? Find a new word for your relationships, accept that we will never endorse the deliberate creation of orphaned children, and LEAVE HETEROSEXUALITY ALONE"

...i guess i need to cover up my Say No to Hetero bumper sticker....


"This is not a Civil Rights issue. It's a choice. Gays choose to be deviant and force THEIR beliefs on others while expecting tolerance. It goes both ways. All people will not agree with your choices. But you will be judged for every choice you do make and the measuring stick is God's Word.

I know people who used to be gay, but have yet to meet a person who used to be black."

.. I do... Holla to MJ!

"Natural Rights?? You can't even have natural sex. You are so worried about your rights. What about my rights? You people are so quick to attack people of faith with conservative values. One of your arguments is that our forefathers founded this country on the separation of church and state. Well then what gives the Government the right to come into my Church, my family and my Bible and tell me that the institution of marriage has been redefined "WHETHER I LIKE IT OR NOT?" God ordained marriage as a covenant between a man and a woman. No Government has the right to tell me otherwise. These are my God given values and I have a right to live my life by them and teach them to my children. If you choose to live your life in a homosexual lifestyle that is your right. You can have civil unions that offer you the same rights afforded to married heterosexuals. You already have that right. But we are not going to sit idle while you try to redefine the sanctity of marriage. You also claim that heterosexuals have the right to marry who they love. If this is about the rights of love then I guess we should allow brother and sister who fall in love with each other to marry. How about polygamist? Don't they have civil rights? How about a pedophile who wants to marry children? Don't they have rights? How about my dog. Can I marry my dog? How about my Father? Where does it end? You might argue that I have used examples of illegal relationships. You are absolutely right. And so was gay marriage until 4 activist judges overturned the will of 61% of the people. The people of California have spoken again. We want traditional marriage. The Government has no right to impose gay marriage on the majority to appease 2% of the population."

Yes, we're imposing that everyone go gay!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home