What's that say about me?

Random (sometimes) entertaining prattle from the mind of a rather ordinary girl with extraordinary powers.

Monday, February 07, 2005

I Fail!

It was a pretty good day. Work was okay. Slow, and John and I had a jolly good time laughing over the green apron stories. By the way- has anyone ever heard the phrase "top notch timber!" to describe people? Yeah, me neither. Not unless you're Paul Bunyan. Came home, cleaned both Tadzio and Sushi's bowls. Like I said, it was a pretty good day... untilllllll.... 2/10 on my math quiz!!! (which is better than the 1/10 I got on the first one- no joke.) I bet you're thinking that's a typo- but oh no! 20%, people. Literally, I should have closed my eyes and typed random numbers for all the answers. I think my odds are better that way. I have a math aptitude of, like, -3. Let me explain why this is such a big deal.... if I do not pass this math class, I do not take bio next semester and I do not graduate from AACC in a timely fashion. Staying at AACC for another year= suicide. So. I'd better pass math. However, I'm running out of ideas. I study, I fail. I don't study, I fail. I spend 2 hours on a quiz or 10 minutes on a quiz- I FAIL! F! No Good! NEXT! I fucking hate math.

4 Comments:

At 8:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that, Jamie. What form of mathematics is it?

Sincerely,
Geoffrey

 
At 8:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tiiiiiiiimmmmbeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrr - Paul Bunyan ;)

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger Jamie said...

College Algebra. Am I a dunce or what?

 
At 2:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, when I took the one mathematics course I'm required to take (Rah, rah the humanities) it wasn't even algebra, it was math for non-majors. We only studied UPC codes and shuffling paper and mailmen walking around the block and even then I had to bargain with my professor at the end of the semester.

Sincerely,
Geoffrey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home