What's that say about me?

Random (sometimes) entertaining prattle from the mind of a rather ordinary girl with extraordinary powers.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Things that make me Happy

  • Gwen Stefani’s “Holla Back Girl”
  • The Cd John made for me Sunday night, because it includes Tom Jones, George Gershwin and “The Way We Were”.
  • Midnight drives through Ellicott City
  • The five voicemails I got today from Rachel, Kate, Tekoa, Rachel and Heather.
  • The 40,000 text messages I get from Jaime everyday, and the 80,000 I send her back.
  • Laughing hysterically at Aaron Neville’s rendition of ‘Ain’t no sunshine’ with John.
  • That Kate came and sat at the bar for about 4 hours today to talk to me and make plans with. “Know why I’m here? Because you are.”
  • The apple Kate bought for me.
  • The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, especially our copy, because it’s special and completely priceless.
  • That Rachel brought me TSOTTP because she knows I’ve been having a rough time, and because she’s an amazing person and friend.
  • That Steve came to visit me at work today and called me his “beautiful baby” and hugged me really tightly.
  • Tekoa, because I’ve never felt so loved and appreciated as I do when I’m around her. Ever.
  • Voicemails that say “Hey Jamie, just calling to see if you want to go get your eyebrows done today. Well, with me. They really need it.”
  • Being confided in and trusted.
  • When my sister comes to visit me at work.
  • Seeing Grace do so well.
  • That school is going to be over in a few weeks.
  • That I’m going to see both Tekoa and Jaime this weekend.
  • Realizing that going on a bad date isn’t the end of the world.
  • That I have a friend (several, actually) who will answer my phone call at midnight from the lobby of the movie theatre while I lament.
  • That Jaime could trick me into talking to her last night, and that she was proud of herself for it.
  • Seeing Rachel with a new, worthy, sidekick.
  • Singing very loudly in my car when there’s no one else around.
  • When Jae and Jess give me really good hugs for no reason.
  • That I’m learning more everyday how to laugh at myself.
  • “You look beautiful today! You have a glow!”
  • That even when I royally fuck up, I have friends who love me.
  • “Jamie, you’re wonderful and you have incredible patience.”
  • When I get phone calls like this; “I needed entertainment because I’m walking home from the CAC, and you’re the first one!”
  • Fiona Apple’s new CD.
  • Sign Language
  • Seeing a really good concert.
  • Making new friends.
  • Rhapsody in blue
  • That, although there are plenty reasons not to, I am still loved.

5 Comments:

At 10:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm likin' this new design 10 times better than the last.

~John

 
At 9:21 AM , Blogger KoaStar said...

OHMIGOODLORDANDBUTTER!!!! JAMIE I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOO FREAKIN MUCH YOU DONT EVEN KNOW. IM SOOOO GLAD THAT THESE THINGS MAKE YOU HAPPY. WHENEVER YOU ARE HAVING IT ROUGH I WANT YOU TO LOOK AT THIS LIST AND REMEMBER. I ALMOST CRIED READING IT. DONT FORGET OUR BONFIRE RITUAL.
P.S. THE NEW DESIGN DEFINETLY PURKED THINGS UP. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE TIMES A GAZILLION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Jamie Miller!!! :) Im glad you didnt say my name in the eyebrow part......Oh shit, I guess I just gave that away now didnt I? Well, come on now, I looked like HAiry Bushman. :) Ok, not that bad, but bad enough.

 
At 5:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

youre damn right i was proud of myself. i so had you pegged. one of my best performances to date. oh yea im taking a bow.
-jaime

 
At 12:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

why are you still living

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home