What's that say about me?

Random (sometimes) entertaining prattle from the mind of a rather ordinary girl with extraordinary powers.

Monday, February 26, 2007

My gas station experience

Gas station: enter Jamie, feeling sick and looking even worse.

Jamie to attendant: Hi, can I please have a pack of marlboro mediums?
attendant :Sure. $3.70.
Jamie tries to hand attendant credit card, despite the fact that there is a slide machine directly in fron of her.
att: You always do that. You should just leave me your card and I'll keep it so when you come in I'll just ring you up right away.
Jamie laughs
att: you should also leave your phone number
Jamie laughs again and runs card through machine
att: going to work?
Jamie: no, I've been there since 7. I'm on break.
att: Where do you work?
Jamie: Toyota, right up the street.
att: What do you do, honey?
Jamie: Repo department. (sarcastically) So I'm everyone's favorite person, you know how that goes.
att:well, you're mine.
Jamie laughs, picks up cigarettes and leaves.
End scene.

Sooooo, eventhough he's a creepy boy and made me a little uncomfortble, it was nice to get a confidence boost on a day when I'm feeling super super super gross- and to not be hit on in a overly sexual way. What is it about compliments from complete strangers that totally validate you for a few minutes? I got in my car and thought "I'm so cute right now". Although I don't know what to do when I go in there later this week and he actually wants my number.

Anyway, Just wanted to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home