What's that say about me?

Random (sometimes) entertaining prattle from the mind of a rather ordinary girl with extraordinary powers.

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Fishy

I have two fish. The first is a goldfish named Tadzio; named for a lyric in a Rufus Wainwright song. I bought him (I think) 3 years ago on Valentine's day. He was born of loneliness and frusteration, therefore he will live forever. The second is a Betta named Sushi. I acquired Sushi from a coworker who's cat was slowly devouring all of her other pets. Apparently the cat would drink down the water in the bowl until it was low enough for him to swipe the fish out. He ate Sushi's friend, a mouse and a hampster or two, I believe. In any case, he was given to me and I'm very happy to have him. Sometimes when I feed them I say things like "Good morning sweetie!" or "Hello Baby, how are you?" This leads me to believe that even though I don't really want one, I need some type of significant other.

3 Comments:

At 3:39 PM , Blogger Kate said...

Aww, you have me.....who needs a significan tother when you have me? ;) ha, yeah, Id run away from me too...

 
At 6:04 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

We can move into a little apartment and keep the fish as our kids.

 
At 7:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are Tadzio and Sushi both single? I mean, if they're not dating then I think you're problem is solved...
~J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home